Non-EU students

Students from outside the EU are welcome to apply to the CDT. However, most CDT awards cover tuition fees only at the UK/EU level, rather than the higher non-EU (overseas) rate. The difference between the two fee levels can be found on the University of Edinburgh tuition fees page. Non-EU students need to have a way to pay the difference between overseas fees and UK-EU fees.

The CDT expects to have a very limited amount funds available for awards of overseas tuition fees, but this funding is extremely competitive and covers only a limited number of high-quality applications.

Alternatively, we are happy to consider applications from students who able to provide their own funding. Typically this is via a scholarship from their country of origin. Some other sources are discussed on the Overseas Research Scholarships page. Please remember that the CDT structure means that you will need such funding for four years of study. If you are able to provide your own funding, it is important that you make sure to state this in your application.